Why are youth serums so popular?
Youth serums are very popular right now and are a great addition to your beauty routine. Why? Well, have you noticed that your skin is looking a little older lately? Maybe you have seen a few fine lines around the edges of your eyes or your skin is not as plump and youthful as it once was?
At some time or another, we all notice these small signs of aging in our skin and as much as we would like to, we can’t stop the clock from ticking. What we can do is make the best of what we have and add a little something here and there to help us look more youthful and more radiant.
How can youth serums help your complexion?
So you will be happy to know that one of the best anti-aging products around at the moment are youth serums. These highly concentrated little bottles of youthful elixir are a fabulous addition to your beauty regime as they are loaded with nutrients and antioxidants that help your skin to look much younger and healthier.
One of the benefits of anti-aging youth serums is that they are designed to target specific skin problems, such as fine lines, age spots, acne or sagging skin. Another benefit is that they are highly concentrated and they absorb very quickly into your skin, making it easy to apply makeup after your serum.
The benefits you receive from using these rejuvenative youth serums depends on the mix of ingredients in the particular serum, so you might find you use one serum to attack one problem and another to attack another problem. For example, people with very dry skin tend to use facial serums that are high in hyaluronic acid and people with a lot of sun damage to their skin, use serums that are high in vitamin C.
In these instances, if you have both dry skin and sun damaged skin, then you can use a hyaluronic acid serum in the morning and a vitamin c serum at night. If you want to learn more about the ingredients in youth serums, you can read my post ‘Popular Active Ingredients in Serums’.
So without further ado, here are 9 wonderful benefits of using anti-aging youth serums:
- Increased hydration: If your skin is dry and you need added moisture one of the best ingredients is hyaluronic acid. This has super hydration properties and delivers a pulse of hydration deep within your skin. The added benefit of hyaluronic acid is that it facilitates the delivery of other nutrients deep within the layers of your skin. MSM and Jojoba oil are also wonderful ingredients that help to increase the moisture in your skin.
- Increased nourishment: Depending on the serum you select, you can have a whole host of nourishing vitamins and omega fatty acids delivered directly into the deeper layers of your skin.
- Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles: Hyaluronic acid, witch hazel, jojoba oil and rosehip oil all provide hydration and moisture to your skin and along with peptides, vitamins A and C which help in the production of collagen, fine lines and wrinkles are plumped up and reduced in appearance.
- Skin Brightening: Vitamins A, E, green tea and MSM help to even out your skin tone, reduce hyper-pigmentation and to brighten your skin, giving you a more radiant and glowing complexion.
- Reduces acne: Green tea acts as an exfoliant by encouraging the removal of dead skin cells which can block your pores and lead to blemished facial skin. Lavender oil has anti-bacterial properties which inhibit the growth of bacteria and witch hazel reduces the amount of oil in your skin and with its astringent properties help to heal and prevent acne.
- Firms your skin: The amount of collagen in your skin decreases with age and so our skin tends to sag and then wrinkle. Collagen production is boosted by vitamins A, C L-Arginine and peptide complexes in youth serums.
- Minimizes age spots: Serums that contain antioxidants help to minimize the appearance of age spots and sun spots caused by free radical damage. So look youth serums with vitamins C, D, E, MSM green tea, Aloe Vera, L-Arginine, Jojoba oil (it contains antioxidants), ferulic acid and rosehip oil. Ferulic acid actually helps antioxidants work better and is a powerful antioxidant itself.
- Reduces hyperpigmentation: If you have uneven skin tones or suffer from hyperpigmentation try serums containing green tea, MSM, and vitamins E and C.
- Low cost: These highly concentrated super youth serums are chocked full of nutrients and antioxidants and you don’t have to pay the earth for them – many are less than $20. They are so concentrated that they last for months and months and work out to be extremely cost effective.
You won’t find all of these ingredients in every youth serum, so the best way is to focus on your most important (or infuriating!) skin problems and look for facial serums which include ingredients that target those problem areas.
To read more than 30+ youth serum reviews – go to Youth Serum Reviews.