Will Youth Serums Improve Your Complexion?
Youth serums are very popular right now and are a great addition to your beauty routine. Why? Well, have you noticed that your skin is looking a little older lately? Maybe you have seen a few fine lines around the edges of your eyes or your skin is not as plump and youthful as it once was?
At some time or another, everyone notices these small signs of aging in their skin and as much as you would like to stop it happening, you can’t stop the clock from ticking. What you can do however, is make the best of what you have and add a little something extra here and there to help your complexion look more youthful and more radiant for as long as possible.
How can anti-aging serums help your complexion?
You will be happy to know that one of the best anti-aging products around at the moment are youth serums. These highly concentrated little bottles of youthful elixir are a fabulous addition to your beauty regime, as they are loaded with nutrients and antioxidants that help your skin to look much younger and healthier.
One of the benefits of anti-aging youth serums is that they are designed to target specific skin problems, such as fine lines, age spots, acne or sagging skin. Another benefit is that they are highly concentrated and they absorb very quickly into your skin, making it easy to apply your makeup after applying your serum.
The benefits you receive from using these rejuvenative youth serums depend on the mix of ingredients in the particular serum, so you might find you use one serum to attack one problem and another to attack another problem. For example, people with very dry skin tend to use facial serums that are high in Hyaluronic Acid and people with a lot of sun damage to their skin, use serums that are high in Vitamin C. In these instances, if you have both dry skin and sun damaged skin, then you can use a Hyaluronic Acid Serum in the morning and a Vitamin C serum at night. If you want to learn more about the ingredients in youth serums, you can read our post ‘Popular Active Ingredients in Serums’.
What are the Benefits of anti-aging youth serums?
- Increased hydration: If your skin is dry and you need added moisture, one of the best ingredients is Hyaluronic Acid. This has super hydration properties and delivers a pulse of hydration deep within your skin. The added benefit of Hyaluronic Acid is that it facilitates the delivery of other nutrients deep within the layers of your skin. MSM and Jojoba Oil are also wonderful ingredients that help to increase the moisture in your skin.
- Increased nourishment: Depending on the serum you select, you can have a whole host of nourishing vitamins and omega fatty acids delivered directly into the deeper layers of your skin.
- Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles: Hyaluronic Acid, Witch Hazel, Jojoba Oil and Rosehip Oil all provide hydration and moisture to your skin and along with Peptides, Vitamins A and C, which help in the production of collagen, fine lines and wrinkles are plumped up and reduced in appearance.
- Skin Brightening: Vitamins A, E, Green Tea and MSM help to even out your skin tone, reduce hyper-pigmentation and brighten your skin, giving you a more radiant and glowing complexion.
- Reduces acne: Green Tea acts as an exfoliant by encouraging the removal of dead skin cells that can block your pores and lead to blemished facial skin. Lavender Oil has anti-bacterial properties, which inhibits the growth of bacteria and Witch Hazel reduces the amount of oil in your skin and along with its astringent properties helps to heal and prevent acne.
- Firms your skin: The amount of collagen in your skin decreases with age and so your skin tends to sag and then eventually wrinkle. Collagen production is boosted by Vitamins A, C L-Arginine and Peptide complexes in many youth serums.
- Minimizes age spots: Serums that contain Antioxidants help to minimize the appearance of age spots and sun spots caused by free radical damage. So look for youth serums with vitamins C, D, E, MSM, Green Tea, Aloe Vera, L-Arginine, Jojoba Oil (it contains Antioxidants), Ferulic Acid and Rosehip Oil. Ferulic Acid actually helps Antioxidants work better and is a powerful antioxidant itself.
- Reduces hyper-pigmentation: If you have uneven skin tones or suffer from mild hyper-pigmentation, try serums containing Green Tea, MSM and Vitamins E and C.
- Low cost: These highly concentrated super youth serums are chocked full of nutrients and Antioxidants and you don’t have to pay the earth for them – many are less than $20. They are so concentrated that they last for months and work out to be extremely cost effective.
You won’t find all of these ingredients in every youth serum, so the best way is to focus on your most important (or infuriating!) skin problems and look for facial serums that include ingredients to target those specific problem areas.
Hyaluronic acid serums have become very popular in the skincare industry, simply because they have such a remarkable effect on your complexion. When an ingredient this good comes along, everyone wants to jump on the band-wagon!
The cooler autumn temperatures and lower humidity levels cause your skin to loose some of its moisture, so autumn is all about hydration and repairing any damage caused during summer. It’s also a good time to prepare your skin for the ravages of the cold winter months yet to arrive.
There are many factors that are essential to maintaining a youthful complexion, but collagen production is the key element! The problem is that as you age, the amount of collagen in your skin decreases, leading to fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin. The solution is to increase the production of collagen in your skin.